Outdoor Wedding Venues in the South
Every good southerner knows that hosting an outdoor wedding in the months of June, July and August is probably a sweaty idea but having a soiree during the Spring, Fall and even Winter months in the South is a great idea.
The trend of outdoor weddings clearly started as a way for folx to have the wedding of their dreams even in the midst of a global pandemic. But now that all things weddings are back the trend has stayed. Southern Wedding Collective venues and vendors love a good outdoor wedding and wanted to share some popular outdoor wedding venues across the southern states.
5 Beautiful Settings in the South to Host an Outdoor Wedding
- The Farm | Rome, Georgia. We may be a bit biased but our very own Southern Wedding Collective vendor, The Farm, is a top-notched venue for an outdoor wedding. You can choose to host your ceremony and/or reception at multiple outside areas. If the mountain views and rolling hills don’t sell you maybe knowing it was voted one of Aisle Planner’s top fall venues may do the trick.
- The Vulcan Park and Museum | Birmingham, Alabama. Birmingham is one of the best-kept secrets of the south. Birmingham boasts a flourishing nightlife and city scene but also has small town charm. Consider the beautiful Vulcan Park and Museum when looking for a wedding with a view. This venue offers stunning city lights as your backdrop and several outside areas to host your wedding ceremony, reception, or rehearsal dinner.
- Tennessee Tiny Weddings | Juliet, Tennessee. We have to brag on another one of our vendors and for good reason of course. This sweet little venue may have tiny in it’s moniker but it offers grand locations for your dream outdoor wedding. With three different areas to host your event, you can create the perfect hybrid of indoor and outdoor appeal while creating priceless memories of your big day.
- Sunquest Cruises | Destin, Florida. So maybe you don’t own a yacht personally but inviting your friends and family to board one for your wedding day may be just as exciting. Merge your idea of a beach wedding aboard the Solaris yacht. This elegant yacht blends the romance of sand and sea with an unforgettable wedding day experience.
- The Grove Park Inn | Asheville, North Carolina. If the beach isn’t your cup of tea, head to the mountains. The historic Grove Park Inn is nestled among the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains and has over 18,000 square feet of outdoor space to accommodate you and your guests. The hotel offers 5 spaces for your perfect day with three of them being outdoors. You can choose tented spaces, indoor/outdoor, dancing under the stars or floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the views. Whatever you decide this venue was made for romance.
By no means is our list comprehensive. Check back as we revisit this topic from time to time and zone in on each southern state more specifically to provide our couples with thorough guides to wedding planning. Wherever you decide to host your affair, indoors or outdoors, we know you’ll make a beautiful choice and all of our vendors are happy to help you turn that venue into the wedding of your dreams.